Thursday, October 1, 2015

Learning about Soundation


Doing this project took me back to when I was in first grade and my parents had me take piano lessons. I remember sitting at home in front of my keyboard in tears because I was not able to play it after hours of practicing. I was then forced again to try an instrument in middle school band which was required. I tried the trumpet, saxophone, clarinet, and was not able to play any of those. I had to settle for bass drum because that instrument only had one note and I could handle that.

This project was not fun for me. I am what I like to call musically challenged. I enjoy listening to music, but putting it together is not where my few skills in life lie. This is easier than actually trying to read and play music, but I still think you need to have some type of musical know-how to do this.

Soundation was pretty easy to use, I only had one issue on trying to save my file. The site has many different audio samples that are free to use. Simple drag the audio file onto the dashboard to add it to your song. Then you can save it to your profile and share it with the soundation community.

Overall I think I learned you need to have patience to make this type of music and keep trying different things to achieve the right sound. I tried, I don't think I succeeded, but thats okay, I still learned something.

No comments:

Post a Comment