Thursday, October 29, 2015

Textorizer


For the first textorizer I used the same image I used for text-image, one of the photos from the urban landscape project. I like this image I took of this old crooked duplex so I tried to play around with it. It was a little awkward working with this application as it takes a while for the new image to load while you're working on it. It took me a few tries to get the image right, and it was hard to get the font to cover the entire image. It was a lot of waiting and being patient, a trait that I am laking. Maybe I am not choosing very interesting subject matter, but I am not too happy with this. But it was an interesting process at least. I think it is interesting in how scattered the words are, it almost makes the house is falling apart, which it might actually be soon.
textorizer 1
The next application we used was textorizer 2. I didn't really see a huge difference between the two, besides the fact that this application didn't have vertical text. The image I chose to use for this go-around was one that was just sitting on my phone that I took during my gallery practices course. It is Crystal, under a tarp, in the hallway joining the TMA to the CVA. It was a funny image, and I wanted to use it for something. I had more fun with this one, probably because of the image I had chosen. I think the outcome of this textorizer looks far better than the first go around. The words that I used for this was TMA, Sol Lewitt, Crystal, and ghost. 
textorizer 2 
Next we used Excoffizer, it creates a vector of the image of your photo using parallel lines, creating a wave-like texture. It is also National Cat Day, so i wanted to use a picture of my cat in here somehow. Nothing is more original than an edited cat photo right?? hahaha well nothing is more original than my cats eyes, which are crazy. they look something like this. (l   ). (   l) But honestly the first sample image I saw on the application made me think that this would be something fun to try. The image was wavy, and the more you messed with it the more the image seemed to move like an optical illusion. Out of all my images I have done, this is the one I am the most proud of. 
Allie, The Mighty Derp.

I had to make this huge to try to make you all appreciate this even more.
On a more serious note I did one of one of our urban landscape pictures as well. 
Its hard to see the original image in this, and when its larger it hurts your eyes to look at, and pain means its working, so I guess this works for me.






No comments:

Post a Comment