Thursday, October 15, 2015

Learning about video mashups.



Mashup from Sara Orzo on Vimeo.
For this assignment we were to take video clips and mash them together to give them a new meaning. To get copyright free videos we used archive.org, or you could use your own videos. I opted to use the archive. There were a lot of videos available for anyone to use. The ones that I thought were most interesting were the old TV advertisements. A lot of them seemed awkward, and while putting them together with the awkward song I created for the last assignment I thought that worked out well. But for the overall assignment I wasn’t super pleased with my results. I have never tried to edit a video before, but it wasn't that difficult. I am using a Mac so I had to use iMovie for the assignment. iMovie was simple to use, the only things that really confused me at first was arranging the clips as well as figuring out how to save the finished movie. After a few youtube tutorials I figured it out though. 

I don't think that my video was very successful, probably because I didn't really know where I was going with these clips. I just started to find the awkward clips or just clips that I thought worked well with the clip before it and put them all together. Maybe the process would have been faster if I had a goal in mind for the whole mashup, maybe not. Either way this whole process took me a long time to finish, and I learned how to edit videos. I know how to edit them now, but not super well. I don’t know when I will have to edit a video again, but if I do I’m sure I’ll use iMovie again. And if I have to make another mashup I’ll but sure to look at more of the strange and old footage on archive.org

No comments:

Post a Comment