Thursday, October 29, 2015

Using text-image and glass giant

Glass Giant attempt, photo of my WOOO button
We used the sites GlassGiant and Text-image for our assignment. GlassGiant has a function where it will convert any photo that you place into ASCII format. This format is making up the image with symbols and numbers. I was not too happy with the GlassGiant site, due to the pop ups. I would not use this site again just because I have a fear of computer viruses. I tried using a few different images on this site but I don't think they all turned out very well. The images that I used did not show up well, and I tried to change the contrast and remove much of the background on the images and I still didn't have much success with GlassGiant. Even when I changed the max width of a portrait image it seemed to not change the length of the image, so I was left with some oblong images, I cropped most of them so the oblong isn't noticeable. I tried using my images from our urban landscape but they would not go through the site.





For text-image I used some of our photos from the urban landscape. It was easier to make these images out on the HTML mode because of its use of color. I used one of my unedited photos for the HTML, and it turned out alright. Nothing really fantastic about it. I used the ASCII function with the same image, the first I used it with the default settings, the second time I inverted it and upped the contrast. I did the same with the matrix version of text-image, but with this I had to up the contrast in order to make out the image.


Text-image, HTML

Matrix, text-image. 
ASCII, text image, inverted and upped contrast
ASCII, text-image default

No comments:

Post a Comment