Thursday, September 24, 2015

Learning about typologies and Pixlr.

For this adventure on Pixlr we upgraded from Pixlr express to the main Pixlr app. This app functions similar to Photoshop with some abilites cut out.

The entire process was simple enough, however it was incredibly tedious. To create the typology I chose to use a collection of old matchbooks from my now deceased grandparents. As far as I could tell they didn't smoke, but many of these matchbooks were collected in the time where smoking was more common and allowed in public spaces. After taking the images from my Iphone I adjusted their levels so the color of each matchbook was more vibrant. Then cropped the images so that they were all the exact same size, as well as to the ratio of 1:1. After doing that I opened a new blank image on Pixlr with the max size of 4000x4000 pixles, copy/pasted the images onto this new image, and placed them together. The very tedious part about this process was aligning the match books as uniform as possible. The issue with Pixlr compared to Photoshop is that there is no grid. To match these up I had to create a new image 100x100 pixels to use as a spacer. Even while using this I feel like my images are not as unifrom as I would like them to be, but after doing this for so long I gave up and headed over to Photoshop. I tried this same procress on photoshop, but my spacing was still a bit off on the edges (but with white on white it is hard to see). Overall I think this turned out alright, my background colors vary a little bit but I dont think it is very distracting, I kind of like the different colors in the wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment