Thursday, September 17, 2015

Learning about Animoto



Today I learned about how to use the Animoto application, which is a photo presenter, similar to smaller applications such as photogrid, and slide lab. Animoto has more themes than either of those applications, and allows you to edit different features that those apps do not. The only downside that this application has is that in order for your video to be free it has to be under 30 seconds long. Overall I would say this was pretty simple to use, it only took me about 10 minutes or so to finish the video. It didn't take very long to finalize either.

For my video I used some of my more successful images from my unedited and edited urban landscape album. I placed the unedited first, followed by my edited. I think this was a pretty good idea because it was difficult looking at other students edited and unedited albums side by side, this just made it easier for comparison. The song I used was from when we ripped the CD music. The only CD I had available at the time was Sufjan Stevens "Greetings from Michigan: The Great Lake State" which turned out to be pretty fitting, as the images I took were from Michigan. The song title is "For the Widows in Paradise, For the Fatherless in Ypsilanti".

No comments:

Post a Comment